Sometime in Willow's first year of life, she was a stray living on the street with Nahum before she was rescued by Oasis for Animals, a local rescue group. We adopted her on May 16, 2009 at an adoption event at a nearby Petsmart.
Willow was small in size and weighed only about 10 pounds. She was only 10.5 inches tall and 28.5 inches from nose to end of tail. Her top side was mostly grey with faint darker spots in a stripped pattern. Over her first year her coat darkened and for most of her life, she appeared mostly solid grey. Her chest and belly had lots of white. She had four perfectly white paws. Her coat was super-soft to the touch.
Her disposition was sweet and gentle. At first she didn't care much for being held or snuggling unless she chooses to do so, but over the years she really became a snuggle bug. She would often curl up in my lap or lay on my legs! Willow was very easy going and an all around wonderful cat.
Willow came with a severe upper respiratory infection that the vet believes caused damage to her lungs and nasal passages. An endoscopy confirmed the damage and supported the diagnosis of asthma. She occasional had times where she struggled to breathe, which was difficult to witness. We treated her asthma with medications and had an inhaler ready to go if need be.
Willow died on January 9, 2018 from a very fast growing brain tumor.
- Bonito flakes
- Wildside Salmon treats
- Red or green sparkle ball (small)
- Small hard plastic rattly mice
- Cat Dancer toy
- Kragonfly by Neko Flies
- Sprawled out on the LL Bean flannel pet blanket on the ottoman in front of the fire
- Any soft spot in the sunshine
- Under the ottoman in front of the fire in her medium sized white cat bed
- She loved to sleep in forts made of blankets
- She was a small cat but she had the loudest purr!
- She only made noise under two conditions, if she saw a bird and chatters and when she made eye contact as she was asking for food, she would meow once
- She loved to hunt moths on the porch at night - her all time favorite thing
- Sweet Willow
- Willow Monster