I recently finished up Oliver's new fleece bed. My goal was to make a fleece bed that would fit the loft space I built for him and it would have a sleeve on the bottom where I could slide the heating pad into it. I even put a thick canvas material on the bottom so it would be a bit more rugged.
Here is the final result:
The toys in the bed are the two that I made for the feral cats. They are similar to the ones I made for the indoor cats in that they are made of denim and have catnip inside!
Now that everything is complete, the next step is product testing.
The new bed is a success! Although, the final product came out larger than I had planned for, so it tends to ooze over the edge of the loft when Oliver stretches out. I'm still working on what modifications I can make to remedy this situation.
The new toys have also been a big hit. Every morning they are in different locations around the back porch, which tells me they got some good play. They are also now look well used! I'm glad they like their new toys, it was lots of fun making them with them in mind.