Wednesday, July 10, 2013

update on the Budster

Not much change in Buddy's condition. There were a few moments each day when he looks more comfortable as you can see in these pictures from yesterday. More often than not, he's been all hunched in looking uncomfortable, so it was nice to see him stretched out and looking more normal.

This is Buddy's all-time favorite spot by the front door

When he gets to hot, he moves to the make-shift bed I created for Oliver

Then it's time for some more sun by the front door

Buddy went back to the vet yesterday (our regular vet rather than the emergency vet who saw him last). She looked him over and thoroughly went through the prior x-rays and blood work. In the end she admitted that she's not sure what's causing Buddy's troubles but suspected it's either a tumor in his intestine or his intestine might be inflamed. She gave us two options: 1) go to a specialist for endoscopy to look for a tumor or 2) try steroids for a possible inflammation. The problem with the steroid option is that it would take time to know if it's working and if it doesn't work then it would require another few weeks post-steroid use before they could do the endoscopy. That seems like a long time to wait.

We have elected to go right to the speciality vet internist at the nearby speciality clinic to see that they can figure out. We have worked with them before with Theo and Rose and know they do good work. So, now I'm in the process of trying to schedule an appointment for sooner rather than later. Thank you everyone who has been praying and purring for Buddy, it is greatly appreciated!


  1. Oh dear - I hope it is just an inflammation. Purring for Buddy.

    cats of wildcat woods

  2. Hope all works out well for him. He'll be in my thoughts. Deb

  3. Continued purrs and purrayers for Buddy. We're all hoping it's inflammation, of course, not a tumour.

    Sending universal Light to him and to you all.

  4. Replies
    1. Good thing you are taking him to the specialist. Time could be critical for treatment of whatever it is!

  5. poor boy - though he does look comfy laying in the sun. we hope it doesn't turn out to be serious. paws crossed and purrs revved up!!

  6. Sure hate to see an animal in pain and the poor things can't tell us what's bothering them. Hope you find a reasonable solution soon.

  7. Thanks for keeping us updated. I have been thinking about Buddy a lot and hoping he is feeling better. Good choice to see the specialist first. Hopefully you will get an answer soon.
    Hugs and kisses to Buddy.

  8. We are all sending our best purrs and prayes to dear Buddy.

  9. With my experience with my Morgainne kitty, I 100% agree with your decision!!!! I pray all goes well!

  10. I agree totally with your decision, not that it matters but I am so proud of how you take care of all of your babies, inside and out and I have been very worried about Buddy. Thank you for taking him soon the the specialty Vet. I am very concerned.

    Much love to you, Buddy and prayers too. God created YOU and all animals too and He knows every fur on your sweet body.

  11. Ah,Buddy my sweet....hope all goes well for you.
    Jane xxx

  12. I kinda hope they don't find anything with the scope. As much as I hate not getting a definitive answer, finding a growth doesn't sound like a good answer either..

    purrs for the best possible outcome

  13. thanks so much for the update. Poor Buddy. Hoping it is something minor and that he will be feeling like his old self soon!

  14. I think you made the right call. Knowing is better than not knowing. I hope they find nothing, but then you will continue to wonder. Purrs and continued prayers for Buddy.

  15. Poor Buddy. I sure hope the cause is found and fixed. He's such a beautiful boy.


Thanks for sending in your comments!