And in other very exciting news, I received my first award! Thanks to Random Felines for the honor. I can now boast that fourwhitepaws is an award winning blog!! How cool is that?!
"Liebster" means dear, dearest, favorite or beloved in German. The requirements of receiving the award are to link back to who gave it to you, paste the Award on your blog, then choose 5 of your favorite blogs to pass the award on to that are up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers, let them know by leaving a comment on their blog and hope that the 5 blogs chosen will keep on spreading the love by passing the award on to 5 more blogs.
So, after considerable consultation with all my kitties, we have decided to pass the award on to these awesome blogs. If you haven't already, check out these great blogs:
- Homeless Cat Care - Debra has a huge generous heart for taking care of feral and homeless cats. Her recent post, Remembering Sunny, really touched my heart. Debra just doesn't take care of homeless cats, she invites them to forever live in her heart.
- God's Little People - Joan should be a candidate for sainthood! She does an amazing job of care taking the feral and abandoned cats on a small Greek Island. To see what I am talking about, check out her recent post, A prayer and a healing thought for Bessie. The world so needs more Debra's and Joan's in it.
- A Cat In Gloves Catches No Mice - follow the adventures of KitKat, Gizmo and Denali! Their amazing humans took them with them on an exotic vacation where they saw kangaroos right from their vacation house window!
- The Very Best Cats - Motor and Tiger are two fun ginger kitties that almost look identical! Not too long ago a doggie, Jack, joined the family. Their mommy is a very talented artist and creates many fun and beautiful designs.
- Brett Seymour Photography - This blog has nothing to do with cats. Brett works for the National Park Service as an underwater photographer. He travels the world capturing the most incredible photos. He recently traveled to the Arctic Circle to assist Parks Canada in documenting the wreck of the HMS Investigator. His series of posts on the HMS Investigator really bring history to life. On his personal website, he shares many of his amazing photographs, including a tribute to the USS Arizona. I think what really makes Brett's work truly amazing is that his kind heart is revealed through his photography and writing.
Honorable mention goes to GraceNotes - Laura posts inspired words and pictures from her heart. If it wasn't for the sporadic long passages of time between posts, GraceNotes would have taken home a Liebster Award. Maybe if she gets some encouragement from new readers she'll dedicate more time to creating new posts!