From the Cat Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook, here is a list of necessary items for your home emergency and medical kit.
- Adhesive tape - 1 inch roll
- Betadine solution (dilute 1:10)
- Container (fishing tackle box)
- Cotton balls
- Cotton-tipped applicators
- Eye dropper (plastic)
- Gauze pads - 3 x 3 inch
- Gauze roll - 3 inch
- Hairball remedy (commercial or white petroleum jelly)
- Hemostat (curved or straight)
- Hydrogen peroxide (3 percent)
- Linen cloth, sheet or blanket
- Masking tape
- Scissors (blunt-tipped)
- Syringe, plastic or glass, 10 cc
- Thermometer (preferably digital)
- Triple antibiotic ointment
- Tweezers (thumb forceps)
I realize that even though the vet is next door, I still need to get one of these together. The first chapter of the Cat Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook is on emergencies and I assume they tell you what to do with these various items. I for one, can't imagine using a scalpel on my cat - I just can't see it.
Post a Comment
Thanks for sending in your comments!